Property Damage, Trespass and Nuisance

Injury Attorney Serving Clients Near Charleston and Huntington, West Virginia, and Ashland and Prestonsburg, Kentucky.

Interference with your enjoyment and use of your property, or physical damage to your home, may be grounds for filing a claim against the responsible party. To find out if you have a case, please call attorney Mark Troy at 304-345-1122. Our law firm is located in Charleston, West Virginia, and we proudly advocate on behalf of people from across the region, including areas throughout Kentucky.

Claims related to Property Damage

When someone else's actions – whether intentional or not – physically damage your home or the surrounding property, you deserve to be able to hold them accountable. Of course there isn't always liability involved when your home is damaged. Attorney Mark Troy has the experience to determine if someone is legally at fault.

Mr. Troy has handled many of these cases over the years, some of them involving:

  • Flooding on your property (from a burst Flooded-home.jpgwater line, for example)
  • Water diverted to your property (from a change in the landscape of an adjoining property, which causes water to flood your property, for example)
  • Landslides (caused by someone cutting into a slope)
  • Blasting
  • Vibration
  • Chemicals released onto your property (for example, from a spill or release at a chemical plant)
  • Car crashes into your home
  • Home collapses because of an outside accident or falling object

You may be able to pursue compensation above and beyond any current offers. If someone is at fault, then you deserve justice.

Nuisance Claims

West-Virginia-chemical-plant.jpgSometimes the diminishment of your property is not physical damage but is a nuisance. Anything that interferes with your right to the peaceful enjoyment and use of your property may be considered a nuisance, and you may have a claim based on it. A nuisance claim may involve:

  • Loud noise
  • Smells
  • Air pollution
  • Vibration/blasting
  • Smoke
  • Water diversion that interferes with the use and enjoyment of your yard and property

An attorney experienced in West Virginia nuisance claims is necessary to find out if you have a case. Noises and foul smells aren't always something for which you can pursue a legal remedy. Mr. Troy can determine if someone should be held accountable.

Trespass Claims

Trespassers are another way in which another person may diminish your property, or interfere with your rights to use and enjoy your property. Examples of trespass that may constitute a claim include:

  • Timber trespass, in which someone chops down a tree on your property without your permission
  • Squatters within a property you own
  • Adjacent person's privacy fence is extended onto your own property
  • Any use of your property in violation of your ownership interests
  • Any use of your property that interferes with your rights

If your property contains hardwood trees, you already know that timber is valuable. Someone who chops down trees on your property may be subject by law to paying you three times the value of the timber.

Contact Attorney Mark Troy

Wondering if you have a claim related to property damage, nuisance or trespass in West Virginia or Kentucky? If so, please call experienced attorney Mark Troy at 304-345-1122, for a consultation. Clients have sought us out from across the region, including Charleston, Huntington, Prestonsburg and Ashland.