Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney in Charleston
Helping the Injured Victims of Serious Collisions
In the blink of an eye, a motor vehicle accident can change your life forever. If you’ve suffered a serious injury in a wreck, you don’t just need legal advice, you need help. At Troy Law Firm PLLC, we understand the physical, emotional, and financial burdens that an accident can impose on you and your family. Our experienced motor vehicle accident attorney in Charleston can provide you with the knowledge, skill, and passion you need to successfully pursue the justice and compensation you deserve.
To learn more about how we can help you, we encourage you to schedule a free consultation. If you are in a hospital and unable to visit our office, our attorney can come to you. We welcome clients from Charleston and Huntington, West Virginia, Ashland and Prestonsburg, Kentucky, and other areas throughout West Virginia and Eastern Kentucky.
Call Troy Law Firm at (304) 315-2299 or contact us online.
Motor Vehicle Accident Claims
At Troy Law Firm, we put 25 years of practice and litigation experience to work for you. We understand the complexities of West Virginia law and know how to build successful cases. Let us help you obtain the medical and financial assistance you need to restore your health and rebuild your life after a crash.
Some of the motor vehicle accident cases we handle include:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bus accidents
- ATV accidents
Our firm’s founder, Mark Troy, can work tirelessly to maximize your recovery and is always prepared for trial in order to get the justice you deserve. When you choose Troy Law Firm, you can expect the highest level of personalized attention. You can rely on us to protect your rights and carry the burden of your personal injury case so you can focus solely on healing.
Why You Need a Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney
There is a common misconception that accident attorneys are only necessary when negotiations with an insurance company break down. You may not realize how crucial it is to have an experienced lawyer help you through every step of the process. Insurance companies have large legal teams at their disposal whose primary goal is to protect the best interests of the insurer, not you. Mark Troy has handled motor vehicle accidents for decades – he can ensure that your rights and best interests are protected.
You’ll want to work with our skilled Charleston motor vehicle accident attorney because he:
- Is experienced: Hopefully, your accident claim will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. At Troy Law Firm, we handle these types of cases every day. There are a number of seemingly small details that can mean the difference between a fair and just settlement and little or no compensation.
- Seeks fair settlements: Insurance companies routinely offer less than injury victims need to recover their losses. We know how to accurately value your damages and can ensure that all of your medical bills and future financial damages have been taken into consideration.
- Handles subrogation interest and liens: Even if you weren’t at fault, complicated issues can arise with your own insurance company, such as subrogation. You may not have noticed the subrogation terms on your own policy, but essentially, if you are injured in a car accident caused by someone else and your own insurance pays for some or all of your medical care, you have an obligation to pay your insurer back in the event you obtain a settlement from the other party’s insurance. An attorney can negotiate this lien and help put more money in your pocket. Your personal injury lawyer can also negotiate outstanding medical bills and satisfy them on your behalf with settlement proceeds for far less than the amounts originally charged and owed.
- Handles child claims and death settlements: When a personal injury claim is settled on behalf of a child, or a wrongful death claim is settled on behalf of an estate, the parent or guardian of the child and the administrator or executor of the estate must formally seek and obtain the Court’s approval of such settlements. The involvement of an attorney well-versed in these court proceedings is vital in ensuring that the settlement obtained is quickly and properly approved by the court such that the settlement proceeds may be distributed to the payees as quickly as possible. This same attorney can also counsel you and ensure that you are aware of and comply with any limitations placed by the court on the use of the settlement funds.
- Is focused on helping you heal: Severe injuries take a significant toll on your quality of life. You need time to heal and cope with your new challenges. You don’t need the added stress of handling your legal matters. If we take over your case, our attorney can handle every aspect of your claim from start to finish. We can do the heavy lifting so you can focus on getting better.
Contact us immediately if you or a loved one has been involved in a motor vehicle crash. Schedule a free consultation by calling (304) 315-2299.
Striving for fair and just outcomes for any individual needing help.- Gary
Mark kept me informed regarding my cases from beginning to end and was responsive to my questions and needs.- Linda
He was able to aggressively demonstrate liability against the other party.- Anonymous
Aggressive, Caring Representation
You will work directly with an attorney who is passionate about helping victims of injury to recover.
Customized Legal Approach for Each Client
Attorney Mark Troy is a fierce litigator who combines legal skill with respect and understanding of each client.
Over 25 Years of Experience
The firm boasts over 25 years of legal experience & access to outstanding experts across various fields.
Former Defense Attorney Experience
As a former insurance defense attorney, Mark Troy possesses valuable insight into their tactics.
Small Firm With Big Attention
The firm's size and overhead provides Attorney Mark Troy with the flexibility to take on cases that others don't.
An Attorney Directly Handles Your Case
You will not be treated like a case file that is passed from staff to staff. An attorney will handle your case directly.