If you’ve suffered a serious injury due to someone else’s negligence, you have a choice: rely on an insurance company to give you a settlement that it deems appropriate or contact a personal injury lawyer to fight for the justice and compensation you truly deserve. For nearly 25 years, Attorney Mark Troy has fought relentlessly to protect the rights of accident victims who have innocently suffered because of the reckless and careless actions of others.
If you’ve been hurt in an accident, don’t put your future in the hands of an insurance adjuster. Contact Troy Law Firm, PLLC today at 304-345-1122. We help personal injury victims from Charleston and Huntington, West Virginia, Ashland, Kentucky, and other areas throughout West Virginia and nearby Eastern Kentucky.
On this page, we discuss:
- Personal injury representation
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Burn injury
- Neck injury and whiplash
- Types of compensation in personal injury claims
- The injury claim process
- Why hire Troy Law Firm, PLLC?
- Handling subrogation interest and liens
- Schedule your free personal injury consultation today
At Troy Law Firm, PLLC, personal injury cases are the core of our firm’s focus. Mark Troy handles a broad array of personal injury matters, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Medical malpractice and nursing home abuse
- School abuse and violence
- Insurance bad faith
- Premises liability
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
Traumatic brain injuries usually result from some type of trauma, often a blunt force blow to the head. Strong impacts can damage the head’s structure and force the brain to collide violently with the interior walls of the skull.
Unfortunately, brain injuries are not always immediately obvious. Some brain trauma can take weeks or even months to fully emerge. Too often, symptoms of traumatic brain injuries are mistaken for less dangerous injuries, putting you at considerable risk.
Some common symptoms of brain injuries that should signal the need for an immediate doctor’s visit include:
- Chronic headaches
- Hearing problems
- Difficult sleeping
- Behavioral changes
Attorney Mark Troy has significant experience with traumatic brain injury cases and possesses a unique understanding of the physical and financial challenges faced by victims of these injuries. If you’ve suffered a serious brain injury, you could be facing years of surgical procedures, physical therapy and medication. Because of this, Mr. Troy is passionate about pursuing the full compensation you deserve.
Not only is your spinal cord absolutely important, it is incredibly vulnerable. Essentially, the spine is the support column for your entire body; when it is damaged, the results can be devastating.
Spinal cord injuries can result in:
- Partial or complete paralysis
- Back trouble
- Problems walking
- Chronic headaches
- Severe pain
- Loss of speaking ability
- Overall loss of independence and ability to work
As an experienced spinal cord injury lawyer, Mark Troy is dedicated to determining who is responsible for your injury and holding the negligent party or parties accountable. He understands how to determine the full value of your claim and he will fight aggressively for the maximum compensation you deserve.
There are countless ways in which a person can suffer a burn injury, but negligence is often a contributor. Not only are burn injuries excruciatingly painful, they often require extensive medical care, including:
- Skin grafts
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Painkillers and other prescription medication
Properly treating severe burn injuries can be incredibly expensive. If you’ve suffered a burn injury because of someone else’s negligence, you shouldn’t have to bear the financial burdens of treatment alone. Attorney Mark Troy will fight vigorously on your behalf to ensure the parties who are responsible for your injuries are held accountable. Mr. Troy will handle every stage of the legal process so you can focus on healing.
Whiplash is one of the most common injuries suffered in motor vehicle accidents. It is caused by the sudden, violent distortion of the neck. In addition to being very common, whiplash injuries are notoriously difficult to fully assess because symptoms may not emerge for several days or weeks, and usually do not appear on X-rays, MRIs, CT scans or other types of diagnostic imaging.
If you have been in an accident and experience any of the following symptoms, you should immediately seek medical attention:
- Pain in the neck or shoulders
- Back pain
- Burning or tingling sensation in your neck, back or shoulders
- Stiffness in your neck area
- Difficulty with balance or equilibrium
If you or someone you love has been in an accident, you need an experienced attorney on your side who understands the complexities of whiplash injuries. Contact attorney Mark Troy today to discuss your case for free.
How much is your case worth? Just like our clients, no two personal injury claims are exactly the same. Depending on the details of your case, you may be eligible for damages such as:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of a loved one
Attorney Mark Troy possesses the experience and tenacity you need in determining the true value of your claim and fighting for the settlement you honestly deserve. During your free initial consultation, Mr. Troy will listen to your story, evaluate the merits of your case and explain all of your legal options.
Every case is different. However, there are usually some basic elements you can expect in a typical claim process, such as:
- Consultation: Meet with Mark Troy to determine if you have a case. He will let you know what you should bring along, such as police reports, medical bills or letters you’ve received from an insurance company. When preparing for your consultation, write down any questions you may have ahead of time, so you don’t forget them during your discussion.
- Hiring your attorney: If Mr. Troy determines that you have a case and you decide to move forward with his representation, he will explain what happens next, including what to expect in the weeks and months ahead.
- Resolving your case: Mr. Troy will pursue the maximum value of your claim. Every legal strategy is unique to the case. Mr. Troy will develop your strategy based on the specific factors and circumstances of your individual situation.
- Staying in touch: Mr. Troy is available throughout every stage of the process to answer your questions and provide important updates.
After a serious accident, choosing the right personal injury lawyer may be the most important decision you make. A skilled and aggressive attorney can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. Will you end up with whatever the insurance company decides to offer you, or will you obtain the full and fair compensation you deserve? When you choose Troy Law Firm PLLC, you can expect:
- Experience: Whether at a negotiating table or in a courtroom, Mark Troy has been protecting the rights of accident victims for almost a quarter of a century. He knows how insurance companies try to diminish the value of your claim, and how to successfully build an effective case on your behalf.
- Resources: Over the course of his career, Mr. Troy has established a broad and diverse network of experts, renowned in their fields of expertise. These resources, in addition to a thorough attorney-led investigation, can make a tremendous impact on the effectiveness of your case.
- Communication: When it feels as though your entire future and the well-being of your family hangs in the balance, it can be incredibly frustrating to be left in the dark on the status and progress of your case. Mr. Troy is always available to his clients and he is committed to always keep you up to date on the state of your claim.
- Peace of mind: In the aftermath of an accident, you and your family have enough to worry about without having to deal with insurance companies, police reports, legal documents and deadlines. From day one, Mark Troy will handle every aspect of your case, taking away the paperwork and stress so you can focus on healing.
If you are injured and visit a hospital for treatment, the bill for your medical care is typically sent to your health insurance company. When your insurer pays money on your behalf so you can get the treatment you need, something called subrogation will occur. Subrogation ensures your insurance company is paid back in the event of a settlement from another person’s insurance.
Subrogation law is incredibly complicated and requires the skill and knowledge of an experienced personal injury attorney.
Mark Troy understands the complexities of subrogation and may be able to negotiate your lien and put more money in your pocket. He can also negotiate outstanding medical bills on your behalf with settlement proceeds, often for much less than what was originally owed.
If you’ve suffered an injury in West Virginia or Eastern Kentucky and need an experienced personal injury lawyer to help you obtain the justice and compensation you deserve, contact Troy Law Firm, PLLC today at 304-345-1122. We fight on behalf of injury victims from Charleston and Huntington, West Virginia, Ashland, Kentucky, and other areas throughout West Virginia and in Eastern Kentucky.