Even though you may take every precaution and practice safe driving techniques, you can’t control the behaviors of other drivers on the road. When someone else’s careless or reckless actions lead to an accident, you may suddenly find yourself facing severe injuries, exorbitant medical bills and time away from work that you and your family can’t afford. Troy Law Firm, PLLC can help.
For nearly 25 years, car accident attorney Mark Troy has helped accident victims throughout West Virginia and Eastern Kentucky seek justice and obtain millions of dollars in combined verdicts and settlements.
If you are facing physical, financial and emotional strain in the aftermath of an auto accident caused by another driver’s negligence, contact Troy Law Firm, PLLC today online or at 304-345-1122 to discuss your case for free. We help clients from Charleston and Huntington, West Virginia, Ashland, Kentucky, and other areas in nearby West Virginia and Eastern Kentucky.
Learn more about how our car accident lawyer can help you:
- Common auto accident injuries
- Fatal car accidents
- Causes of car wrecks
- Compensation in a car accident case
- What to do after a car accident
- Do I need an auto accident lawyer?
- Call now to speak with a car accident attorney for free
Being hurt in a car wreck can be a jarring, life-altering experience. In an instant, the comfort and security of your vehicle can be transformed into a terrifying entanglement of shattered glass and jagged metal. In these cases, you may find that not only is your vehicle damaged, but so are you. Car crashes can result in a variety of catastrophic personal injuries, such as:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Burn injuries
- Broken bones
- Sprains and strains
- Fractured vertebrae
- Internal organ injuries
- Ruptured or herniated disks
- Spinal degeneration
- Emotional trauma
Injuries sustained from car accidents can range from minor scrapes to severe disability and even death. In addition to the physical harm done to your body and vehicle in an auto wreck, the emotional damage you suffer may affect you for years to come.
The most common accident-related injury is whiplash, accounting for more than one million neck injuries every year. Whiplash usually occurs in rear-end collisions, when a sudden acceleration-deceleration force puts excessive strain on the neck. These types of injuries often require long-term treatment that can include medication, physical therapy and surgery.
If you’ve lost a loved one because of someone else’s negligence, legal action may be the last thing you want to deal with at such a devastating time. Mark Troy understands the deep personal anguish these tragic cases can cause and can handle every stage of the legal process with compassion, diligence and integrity so you can take time to mourn your loss and focus on your family’s emotional needs.
Depending on the details of your case, we may bring a wrongful death claim against the party or parties responsible for the death of your loved one, and seek compensation for damages such as:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical bills
- Loss of future income
- Loss of care, protection, companionship
- General damages
- Punitive damages
No amount of compensation can make up for the loss of a loved one in a fatal car accident. Wrongful death suits are not intended to erase the heartache and anger that arise when someone you love is killed because of someone’s negligence. Their purpose is to prevent financial hardships on top of your emotional devastation.
It’s never too soon to address your legal options. In fact, waiting too long can diminish your chance for a successful outcome. Contact Troy Law Firm, PLLC today to discuss your case for free.
I-64, I-77 and I-79 intersect in Charleston and carry nearly 50 percent of Kanawha County traffic and about 35% of all Putnam traffic. These major interstates are also the scenes of many car wrecks in the area.
Catastrophic car accidents can happen to even the most conscientious drivers. Despite technological advances in vehicle safety, auto wrecks are daily occurrences throughout the U.S. and our local communities, often resulting in traumatic, lifelong repercussions. There are numerous ways in which a car accident can happen. Some of the most common causes are:
- Distracted driving: Whether eating, grooming, adjusting the radio or talking to other passengers in the vehicle, drivers have encountered distractions while behind the wheel for decades. However, cell phones have made distracted driving more common and dangerous than ever. Texting, checking GPS and other cell phone use while behind the wheel puts you, your passengers and others on the road at considerable risk.
- Driver fatigue: A common problem faced by truck drivers, driver fatigue accounts for a staggering number of accidents in the U.S. Excessive yawning, heavy eyelids and drowsiness can cause drivers to unexpectedly change lanes, often veering over the center line or shoulder of a road.
- Intoxication: When an intoxicated person gets behind the wheel of an automobile, they are making a dangerous choice that puts their own life and the lives of others on the road at risk. If it is proven that the driver responsible for your injuries was intoxicated, you may be able to pursue punitive damages in addition to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.
- Aggressive driving: When drivers exceed the speed limit, tailgate or otherwise disregard traffic laws, they place others on the road in danger and should be held responsible for the injuries that occur due to their negligence.
Car wrecks can have a devastating impact on your life and the well-being of your family. Because of the serious personal injury that can occur as a result of a crash, you may face expensive medical bills, years of rehabilitation and lost wages.
Mark Troy is committed to fighting for the full and fair compensation you deserve and need to get your life back on track. Depending on the details of your case, you may be eligible for compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral expenses (in a wrongful death claim)
Insurance companies notoriously offer far less than the true value of a car accident claim. Mark Troy understands how to determine what your case is truly worth and will fight to obtain the full and fair compensation you deserve.
The aftermath of a car wreck is often a confusing and frightening time. You may be injured, upset and unsure of what to do next. By staying calm and taking a few simple steps, you can protect your rights and the strength of possible legal action in the future. Following an accident, try to:
- Ensure the well-being of everyone involved.
- If possible, don’t move your vehicle so the police can perform an investigation. However, do move the vehicle if its position is putting other people in danger.
- Call 911.
- Take photos of the accident scene from several angles, capturing the position of the vehicles involved and related damage.
- Take detailed notes of the facts as you recall them.
- Exchange information with other drivers in the accident. Obtain the contact information of any witnesses.
- Cooperate with the police when they arrive at the scene.
- Avoid discussing issues of fault or responsibility at the scene.
- If you have any doubt about whether you’ve been injured, err on side of caution and seek medical attention. You may be in shock and not realize the extent of your injuries.
- Report the accident to your insurance.
- Call Troy Law Firm, PLLC as quickly as possible. It won’t be long before the other insurance company calls you; you don’t want to be taken advantage of. The sooner Mark Troy is alerted to your situation, the sooner he can protect your rights and begin to build your case.
While many minor collisions that don’t involve injuries or property damage can be effectively resolved without the involvement of a lawyer, wrecks that involve serious injuries can be very complicated and require the skill of a seasoned car accident lawyer.
Experienced attorney Mark Troy can navigate the complexities of both West Virginia law and Kentucky law and handle every stage of your legal action. He can help you by:
- Performing detailed insurance analysis and maximizing insurance benefits
- Representing your best interests against all potentially negligent parties
- Investigating your accident and analyzing evidence
- Negotiating on your behalf with insurance companies
- Handling subrogation interest and liens
- Aggressively litigating in court to fight for maximum compensation, if necessary.
With nearly 25 years of experience, Mark Troy knows how to effectively pursue maximum compensation for accident victims. While he has developed a powerful array of legal strategies and tactics to obtain successful outcomes, he never takes a one-size-fits-all approach to legal representation. He knows that just like you, your case is unique. He will customize a plan that is best for your specific situation. He is determined to pursue every penny and benefit available to you under the law.
We know when facing the physical and financial ramifications of a car wreck, you don’t have money to spare. No matter who you are or how little money you have, you can afford to work with Troy Law Firm, PLLC. If Mr. Troy doesn’t win your case, you owe us nothing. Not only that, it costs you absolutely nothing to call right now to discuss the merits of your claim.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, call 304-345-1122 for a free, no-obligation consultation with our experienced car accident attorney. We help clients from Charleston and Huntington, West Virginia, Ashland, Kentucky, and other areas throughout West Virginia and in Eastern Kentucky.