Attorney Mark Troy
Personal Injury Lawyer in Charleston
Since the days of my childhood, often spent visiting museums with my father or poring over issues of Popular Science, I have been passionate about pursuing knowledge and unraveling complex ideas. This drive for knowledge, combined with an inherent competitiveness and sense of duty to help others, led me naturally toward my eventual destination: the field of law.
With over two decades of professional practice, I’ve assisted numerous clients throughout West Virginia and Eastern Kentucky in litigation, mediation, and arbitration, helping obtain millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements. No matter how complicated the case, my goal is to provide high-quality, results-driven service.
I am proud to hold an AV Distinguished® Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, the most recognized attorney rating service in the country. This peer rating is based upon the comments of more than 20 attorneys and up to 4 judges in our community. I’ve also received Martindale-Hubbell’s® “Premier” Client Review Rating, which is the highest recognition given based upon the comments of my clients in areas such as skill, client communications, responsiveness, and quality of service.
As someone who has experienced loss at a young age, served in the military to attend Marshall University, and worked his way through law school at WVU, I know hardship, and I know hard work. I am determined to exceed your expectations.
Areas of Practice
- 25% Automobile and Motorcycle Accidents
- 25% Medical Malpractice and Nursing Home Abuse
- 20% Schoolplace Violence and Abuse
- 15% Real Estate Damage and Construction Defects
- 15% Miscellaneous Personal Injuries (Premises Liability, Toxic Exposure, etc.)
- 95% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- West Virginia, 1994
- Kentucky, 2017
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals Fourth Circuit, 2000
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia, 1999
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2018
- Rankin v. Pullen, 516 S.E.2d 501 (W.Va. 1999) (WV Supreme Court 1999)
- Roberts v. West Virginia American Water Co., 566 S.E.2d 603 (W.Va. 2002) (WV Supreme Court 2002)
- Certified Mediator - West Virginia State Bar